At Big Picture Wealth Financial Planning we recognise that your privacy is particularly important.
Our business is governed by legislation protecting your personal information, including the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principals (APPs) Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 which replace the National Privacy Principles established under the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
How we use your information
Big Picture Wealth collects your personal information (including health and other sensitive information) in order for one of its authorised representatives (that is, your adviser and/or the practice where he/she works) to provide you with financial products and services.
In order to undertake the management and administration of products and services, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information (including health and other sensitive information) to certain third parties.
We and your adviser will collect and use information about you during the course of your relationship with each of us.
It is important that the information we hold about you is up to date. You must let your adviser know when information you have provided has changed.
Collection, use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose your personal information (including health and other sensitive information) for the following purposes:
• to assist in providing you with products and services.
• to consider your request for a product or service.
• to enable Big Picture Wealth or another member of the Lifespan to provide you with a product or service that was recommended to you by your adviser.
• to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you.
• to assist in arrangements with other organisations (for example product issuers or alliance partners) in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service.
• to manage the relationship between you and your adviser and any accounts or policies which you hold, and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including but not limited to risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training and market, customer satisfaction, investment research and to undertake analytics activities);
• to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against Big Picture Wealth and/or your adviser and to manage any legal action involving Big Picture
• to identify, prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity, or misconduct (or suspected fraud, unlawful activity, or misconduct).
• to identify you or establish your tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation, or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax
• as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
We may disclose your personal information (including health and other sensitive information) to another licensee in order to enable you to continue to receive financial products and services in the following circumstances:
• where your adviser dies or their arrangements with us terminate.
• where our authorised representative becomes an authorised representative of another licensee; or
• where our authorised representative sells all or part of its business to another licensee.
Document Security and Storage
Our personal information is maintained securely and is generally held in your client file. Information may also be held in a computer database. We will seek to ensure that the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Incomplete and/or absence of relevant information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, Big Picture Wealth may be unable to provide you with products or services.
Information required by law
Providing your information to others
We may provide your personal information (including health and other sensitive information) to:
• an authorised representative of ours (including your adviser) for the purposes outlined in this document.
• Lifespan and any related entity of Lifespan which may use the information to carry out Lifespans functions and activities; organisations, including those in an alliance with Big Picture Wealth, to distribute, manage and administer our products and services, carry out business functions and undertake analytics activities;
• any agent, contractor or service provider of Big Picture Wealth or its authorised representative, engaged to carry out or assist with its functions and
activities (for example, office support or paraplanning services, IT support providers and mailing houses).
• an organisation that assists Big Picture Wealth to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity, or misconduct.
• regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts.
• other parties Big Picture Wealth is authorised or required by law or court/tribunal order to disclose information to.
• any person who introduces you to Big Picture Wealth.
• your referee(s).
• your employer.
• your partner or spouse where they have sought advice jointly with you; or
• your authorised agents; your executor, administrator, or trustee in bankruptcy;
• your legal representative; your attorney; or anyone else acting for you.
Where your adviser discloses your personal information to recipients which are (1) located outside Australia and/or (2) either not established in or do not carry on business in Australia, he/she will inform you of those countries in the Adviser Profile of our FSG.
Marketing and Privacy
We and other members of the Lifespan may use your personal information to send you information about our financial products and services from time to time.
We and Lifespan may also disclose your personal information to our related companies or organisations in an arrangement or alliance with us and/or Lifespan to share information for marketing purposes. This is to enable them or Lifespan to tell you about a product or service offered by them or a third party with whom they have an arrangement.
If you do not want us or Lifespan to use and disclose your information as set out above, phone 0417 441 670 to withdraw your consent.
• the circumstances in which we or one of our related entities may collect personal information (including health and other sensitive information) from
other sources (including from a third party).
• how to access personal information and seek correction of personal information; and
• how you can raise concerns that we or one of our related entities has breached the Privacy Act or an applicable code and how we or our related
entity will deal with those matters.
Personal information you provide about someone else
Additional Privacy Information
Further information on privacy in Australia may be obtained by visiting the website of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au